Well this is one of the better shots I took of the city but its been raining all day! Today was a short day! We all went and toured the Teatro Olimpico, Olympic Theatre, that was constructed in the late 1500s by an Italian architect, Palladio.
The picture does not justify such profound skills of Palladio at all, as it appears you're looking down a never ending street--- the actual stage is only 18 inches in depth! (Mouth drops in awe...) you have to be killing me!! The stage is only 3 yards in depth, but I feel like I can walk another mile down through the city!!
What you have here is described as false perspective! True designs that have been created in the fashion of how people see! Through the work of proper lighting, casting of shadows, proportionalities of the constructed buildings, and much more, Palladio was able to make the audience feel as if they were seeing more than they actually were (in terms if depth). Pretty awesome work, I must say!
As the rain continued to pour down, we where given another assignment to fine various patterns that make up the cities we visit! Some of the patterns I've found thus far....
*Use of arches and columns forming lines of symmetry of the Basilica Palladiana found in Vicenza, Italy
I also had the oportunity to see the altar were the remains on the Apostle St. Mark lie.
Well, it's been a full day and still more to come from "living Italy"!
Blog you later,
Triple1love






No comments:
Post a Comment