Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany!!


So where do I begin? Free Day from my study abroad program and Asha has found us a tour of Tuscany: The Chianti Classico Wine Tasting Tour!! Very nice tour, but as we all know, I don't drink and can't handle anything. :) 

* in line waiting to leave 

*Ahsa and I having snap shot shoot on the bus


*crossing the Arno River heading to Tuscany

The winery was right up my alley! I'm looking to apply my chemical engineering degree in the field of food manufacturing/processing and to be exposed to how they create various wines through the fermentation of grapes! Oh yes I was all smiles!! 


* the castle 

The black rooster, the main logo of the company, is a peace symbol between Tuscan, Florence, and Siena. There is a lot more to ledgend and how the castle, that houses the winery, was the only one not destroyed during war in the Chianti region!  Yea enough of a history lesson, the tour guide showed us two of the wineries and the cellars were they store the aging wine! 

Snap shot!! 




We tasted several wines over some nice snacks ** I think the snacks were my favorite :) 
The winery also produces extra virgin olive oil as well and it's off the charts wonderful!! 







After leaving the castle, we went into the city of Greve where we explored fine Italian leather shops and other shopping stores!! The best of all, we found gelato!! :) happiness for the rest of the day!! 

Well, as the tour concluded, we returned to Florence and relaxation time was in effect!!! :) 







Blog you later, 
Triple1love

No comments:

Post a Comment